Alone in the Dark 2/Walkthrough
Richard Liblanc for providing the main basis of this walkthrough.
Here is the text walkthrough for Alone in the Dark 2.
 General hints ant tips
o Fighting can be made really easy by always closing on your target and punching them as often as you can. Most of the time, they will keep shooting toward but behind you. Most of the thompson guys are poor aimer and they often fire at some spot on the wall instead of at you. Stay close to the walls sometimes (specially true in the garden). o There is a strange bug you can use to go through some doors and walls. When you have a sword, close on the door and make the "dive attack" (when you make one step forward while attacking). You'll be able to pass through most of the doors (with VERY erratic results though). o This walkthru does not tell you when to drink your flasks and when to reload your guns. You might spend a lot more ammo than I did so maybe you'll have to improvise. Maybe the walkthru wont tell you how to get all the storyline elements (books, pictures, etc.). They are pretty obvious and I know you will get all the things the dead guys will leave behind :). o Remember that some weapons seems really weak in attacking power but they can be very useful when speed is important (the revolver, the beater and the good old punch for example). o A rule of thumb : always take everything a dead guy leaves behind. I think I forgot some stuff like "take the key" or "take the book" but you should be able to figure what to take. o Sometimes, you might get stuck for no obvious reason. This is the way to tell you that you're missing an important item to continue on your adventure. Be sure to take everything you can and to use the items whenever you have a chance. o Finally, I played the game with the french version and some objects might have different names. Sorry for the incovenience and for my bad English.
 The gardens
- Kill the guy with your bare hands and take his thompson, the clip and the flask. - Run down the alley to the big statue of the anchor, push it and enter the gardens. If you make your move fast enough, you should be able to avoid the thompson guys. - There is someone just behind that corner. Kill him from the corner and take the picture. - Turn right, get rid of the thompson guy, take the clip and the flask. Go where that guy came from. - Take the rope, remember you saw a DIAMOND card. - Go back where you found the picture, walk to the crossroad. When you'll walk past the crossroad, another "hey you" will appear. Fill him with lead and take the way to the top of the screen. - Now that guy is a real pain. Don't let him close on you. Stick to the left wall and fire your thompson at him. If you kill him now, he wont bother you again. ( that's the case of most of the bad guys in the gardens, they sometimes track you even if you never "met" them). Go the dead end and take the clip. - Go back to the crossroad and go to the bottom of the screen. There will be another tough guy in trench coat. Kill him and continue your way until you find the grapplin. Another "hey you" will appear. If you're not fond of killing, step on the diamond card. If you intend to step on another card, well, save first.
 The cave
- Go straight forward and get rid of that green guy. - Go take the flask and forget about the ladder for now. Go to the other part of the cave. - Push the chest to make the altar raise. Watch out fot the ghost! Don't worry, he's "thompsonable". Take the pirate's saber. - If you have some "friends" waiting for you at the entrance (place with 4 cards on the ground), it would be a good idea to use the metallic jack on the altar so you can escape via the other trap. If not, forget about the jack and get out of the cave.
 The gardens again
- If both cases, you should make your way to a 3-ways intesection. Go in the L-path, be scared by the demonic face and turn left. Shoot the fat 12-gauge wielding gangster and proceed. (not turning will get you back near the crossroad, geez, you're so curious, trust me a little more!). - Cut the weaving branches with your saber and SAVE! See that little brown spot behind the trees? That's Shorty Leg and he's quite tough to kill. Best way to kill him is to hide behind the statue and use everything you've got, especially the revolver. Don't worry about spending all your ammo. Just kill him. - Take the flask and use the grapplin. Use the grapplin again to make the statue's arm move and enter.
 The basement
- Darn! No more weapons! Take everything you see (a nickel, a crank and a paper bag). - You can cry on Stryker's corpse if you want but take his notes and the pick. Pushing Stryker off the cliff seems a bad idea but i never did it. Lemme know if it changes something later in the game...:) - To open the locked door, you need to use the paper under the door then the pick. You'll get the key and you'll get inside. - There are two ways to get rid of that sitting guy : The "nice" way : Get behind the barrel, just beside the lever. Use the paper bag twice, wait until the guy raises to his feet and push the lever. The "direct" way: Tease the guy, fight with him and try to make him fall the cliff... - Take the shotgun, the book and the flask. Go right behind the grandfather clock and use the crank to open the secret passage. go there and take the shotgun shells. - To get rid of Musicman, just tear his pact (the paper you used to get the key). Don't forget to take the hook. - As you might hear now, there is some heavy shooting nearby. Take the beater and go to the door. DONT GO UPSTAIRS YET!!! - To kill those two guys, stay in the doorway shoot the first guy, go backward and wait for the other guy to show up. - Those two guys were shooting at some rotating cards. Try to align 4 diamonds to open the door. 90 degrees rotations are possible, you just have to be well positioned. - Kill that guy and get into the cellar. Get the flask and the bottle. (HINT: save before drinking). Use the nickel in the slot machine to get two tokens. You might also take the book in the back of the room. - Return to the shooting gallery. Kill that guy and take the bag. You can also try to get the bag w/o worrying about the guy because he's so drunk, but he might shows up a while later... Or, you can try to leave the whiskey bottle nearby so he can party all night (he will never show up again...party indeed). - Open the bag and put on the Santa suit. Okay, you look silly, but at least that little pest upstairs wont alarm everyone.
 The House
- Turn right and make your way to the kitchen. Watch out for the statue! Try to walk near the door. - In the kitchen, take the frying pan and get near the eggs. Listen to what T-Bone tells you and get ready to fight him. The pan is the best weapon because it will block incoming darts. - Take the wine from the stove and the poison beside the dumbwaiter. Use the poison with the wine. - Get near the door in front of the statue and drop your special wine. Wait for results. - Big Evil Hint : To get rid of that little pest walking down the hall and to remove any danger from the statue, wait until that little fellow walks before the statue and start running to trigger the trident. Duck in the kitchen and wait for result. Voila! - Go through the door you opened with the wine and use your two tokens in the juke-box in front of the statue. The golden token will make a doublon appear and the wooden token will open the door. - Get in the new room and take all the war material (bulletproof vest,clip, Thompson). - Now go just beside the statue with the trident and take the crown. Go upstairs. (i know, i know, there are still two doors left closed, more on them later). - Kill that laughing zombie first. Best way to do it is too close on him and punch, close again, punch, etc. He'll always miss you with his gun and you wont have any problems getting rid of him (it will take some time though). Open the door and get in the hall. Open the door in the middle hall. - The guy will throw a derringer. Take it and use it quick. Take the sword. There are a scroll and a book to find in the bookshelf. Get back in the hall and open the nearest door (the other door at the end of the hall is the bathroom, no need to go there). - The two ghost arms are protecting the other half of the scroll. It is not required to get the scroll but strongly suggested if you want to solve the next puzzle by yourself. Use the sword to kill the arms, stay right beside the window, hack, get back, hack again and so on. - CHESS AND MAGIK (the riddle) : Use the crown on the white statue. Go in the magic room and take the amulet. (the door in the magic room is another bathroom). - BOSS! BOSS! I CANT GET THE AMULET !!! WHAT'S HAPPENIN' TO ME? No sweat, you simply forgot to take an item somewhere. Most of the time it's the doublon. Just re-read the walkthru and try to get everything you can. - Two things to take, a flask and a note. Open the door and go immediately to the left and take the Thompson with the clip. Stay right where you are and get ready to Thompson two baddies. If you still have your bulletproof vest, there is no problem, otherwise, try to make the gangster fire on the karateka. (remember to USE you bulletproof vest though) - Take the grenade and the key. Don't open the door yet. Get in the open room and use the doublon in the jack-in-the-box. Take the pompon. - Now open the door and get inside the room. The only way to get rid of the clown is to throw the pompon through the archway. The right position is difficult to find. Let the clown go after the pompon and use the grenade in the chimney. SAVE!!!. Go down. - The grenade killed two of the baddies but there are still a lot of people down here. The best way to kill them all is to get out as fast as you can and wait for them in the kitchen or the lobby. Slash them when they go through the door. The beater is one of the bet weapon because it's so fast. If someone finds an easy way, let me know. - Take the red ball from the Christmas tree and go upstairs again in the pool room. - Use the ball on the big box with holes. Use the key on the door and go inside. Wait for result and don't panic. - Listen to what Jack tells you and when he's done, use the hook to get out of here. - You can try anything you want but you'll always get captured by Elizabeth. The wisest thing to do is to go downstairs and walk toward the kitchen.
 The cute part: Play as Grace Saunders!!!
- If you haven't figured out that you're now Grace, well...First thing to do is to try all those cute moves (gna gna gna gna). Now push the plank so you can get out. Go near the parrot, take the seeds, the sandwich and the pepper. Give the seeds to the parrot if you want a clue. - Get out of the room and IMMEDIATELY go to your left. Hide in the small niche until the pirate stops walking. Go back to the ladder as fast as you can. By the way, it's the ladder at the end of the hall, not the middle one. You don't have much time until the pirate starts chasing you again so make it quick. - Don't tease that pirate and climb the other ladder. - Now you're going to play hide and seek with the crew. You must find a safe way to the open hatch without anyone noticing you. Go behind the sitting guy. Make your way to the edge of the ship and get behind the boxes. By the way, for a cute moment, try to fall into the Start trap. Before going down, take the flint&steel on the deck. --------------_ | Boxes |_| End | | Mast | X Mast | X | X _ | |_| | Boxes Start
- Take the small cannon from the chest, the vase from the shelf and the stick next to the bed. - Now, position yourself right in front of the door, put down the cannon, use the pepper on the cannon. Throw the vase, wait until the pirate comes close and use the flint&steel on the cannon. Take the bell and get out the room. - Go through the door in front of you. Take the chicken's foot, get near the blue plate, ring the bell and get inside the dumbwaiter. Take the key. - Use the key on the locker in the kitchen and get the molasse and the freezer. When you'll try to get out of the kitchen, you'll hear a familiar "hey you!". Get back in the kitchen and use the freezer or the molasse in the doorway. Actually, you will need both of these objects to get rid of two zombies. If you use the molasse in the kitchen, it wont be on the ground when you'll return. Do not worry, it's still there and it still works... - Go upstairs and do the same thing with the molasse or the freezer. Go to the pool room. Get the token if you want (haven't the slightest idea of what to do with it). Go into the room with the cell and use the stick behind the desk with the broken plate in the corner of the room. You'll find the key and another book. - USING THE TOKEN : about that strange evil force, well, i don't know...:) - The door to the chamber and magic room will now open. Get into the magic room and use the stick on the plate. Go next to the dumbwaiter and ring the bell again. - Captured again...sigh.
 Back as Carnby: The Revenge!
- Get the key to free yourself and kill that pirate with your bare hands. Take the sword, use it and follow Grace outside. Don't worry if you lose track of Grace. Kill anything you encounter. - The guy outside will leave the fuse behind. Get it and go through the door in front of you. Kill the two guys and get the fire-iron and the pliers as well as the key in the corner of the room. Get out. - Go through the door next to the niche where Grace hid, kill the guy and take all his stuff (gun ammo,chainmail,flask,gun). - Push the barrel to the left and get the chainmail. - Go through the door at the end of the hallway, close on the pistol pirate with your sword, take the ammo and the flask. Don't let anyone get in your way to the locked door on that deck. Use the key to get inside. - You're in the gunpowder room. think twice before firing your gun. Use the sword to kill the sword master, get the book and the gunpowder barrel. Get on the upper deck. - Open all the doors you can, there are two rooms you can enter. A sleeping room (don't stay inside too long because you don't want to wake those pirates) and a room with a cannon. kill the guy sleeping next to the cannon and use the pliers to free the cannon. Now PUSH the cannon to the left (this move is difficult, the right position is hard to find). Drop the barrel anywhere in the sleeping room (Carnby always places the barrel next to the wall). - Use the fuse on the cannon and use the fire-iron for a nice show... - Go into what's left of the sleeping room. Take the flask and the gold pieces. - Use the gold pieces near the locked doors and kill the two dwarfs. Go where they came from, take the flask. Go kill the cook behind the door, take the metallic diamond card and use it on the last locked door. - Enter and fall (again) under Elizabeth's spell...
 Grace again!
- And Grace saves the day...Use the stick on the statue, get into the room and use the chicken's foot. Bye Bye Elizabeth!
 Back as Carnby: The End!
- First, FLEE! that ghost is way too tough for you. Climb the ladder to get on the main deck. - Kill everyone on the bridge. Get the hook and climb up the mast. Wait for the guy, hit him once with your sword to make him fall. Use the hook on the rope. Kill the karateka. Jump down and take Nichol's sword. - Free Grace with the pliers. Run to the cannons to stop the fuse. Now kill One-Eye Jack! Don't forget to use Nichol's sword and watch out for fake deaths! - Guess what? THE END!