American McGee's Alice
|American McGee's Alice|
|Engine||id Tech 3|
|Version||1 (Windows), 1.1.2 (Mac)|
|Platform(s)||Mac OS, Mac OS X, Windows|
|Release date||NA 2000-12-06
|Genre(s)||Third-person shooter, platformer, horror, action-adventure|
|Rating(s)||ESRB: M (Mature)|
|System requirements||400MHz Pentium 2, 64MiB RAM, 8MiB VRAM, 580MiB HD space more...|
|Input methods||Keyboard and mouse|
Current user rating: 88/100 (3 votes)
|Reviews for PC|
 System requirements
 Minimum system requirements
- Pentium 2 400 MHz or equivalent
- 64 MiB of RAM
- 4X CD-ROM drive
- 8 MiB of VRAM
- 580 MiB free hard disk space
- DirectX version 7.0 or later
 Recommended system specifications
- Pentium 3 500 MHz or equivalent
- 256 MiB of RAM
- 16 MiB of VRAM
- 8X CD-ROM drive
 Console commands
To use the cheat codes or other console commands, you must first enable the console. To do this, go to the "Settings" menu, then into "Game Options", and check the "Console" box. Now, while in game, you can open the console by pressing the [~], and use the following commands.
- god: toggles god mode. Interestingly, the god mode also grants unlimited ammo.
- give all (or wuss): gives you all weapons, full ammo, full health.
- noclip: toggles noclipping (you can move through walls and fly, this is particularly useful to bind this to a key, to enable it when falling...).
- health [x]: sets your health to [x] (valid values: 1 to 100).
- notarget: toggles notarget mode (the AI ignores you).
give [item]: gives you the item [item]. Here is a list of items:
- w_knife.tik: Vorpal Blade (knife)
- w_cards.tik: Cards
- w_mallet.tik: Mallet
- w_jackbomb.tik: Jackbomb
- w_icewand.tik: Icewand
- w_jacks.tik: Jacks
- w_demondice.tik: Demon Dice
- w_eyestaff.tik: Eyestaff
- w_blunderbuss.tik: Blunderbuss
- The watch (used to stop time): w_watch.tik
- Special buffs:
- w_ragebox.tik: rage (more damage)
- w_lookingglass.tik: invisibility
- w_grassshopperteaitem.tik: moon jump
 Other console commands
- fps [0/1]: displays (1) or hides (0) the FPS (frames-per-second) counter.
- cg_cameradist [x]: sets the camera position to [x]. The default value is 128. This command can be used to achieve a pseudo-first-person view, by setting the value to around -30/-40.
- map [mapname]: loads the map [mapname]. Here is the list of all maps: centipede1, centipede2, facade, fortress1, fortress2, funhouse, garden1, garden2, garden3, garden4, grounds1, grounds2, gvillage, hedge1, hedge2, hedge3, jlair1, jlair2, keep, pandemonium, potears1, potears2, potears3, qlair, rchess, skool1, skool2, tower1, tower2, tower3, utemple, wchess1, wchess2, wforest.
- bind [key] [command]: binds a command to a key. For instance, bind p god will bind the god cheat (toggles god mode) to the [p] key.
Strafe jumping works too (based on Quake3 engine,id Tech 3, so if you're an ace in DeFRag, it will be pretty fun and easy for you.
 Most common problems
 Can't minimize Alice
The Alice window, like most if not all id Tech 3 games, can't be minimized by standard methods (ALT+TAB, etc). To enable minimization, you'll need a special utility called Quake 3 minimizer (named so because it was primarily made for Quake 3, the first game using the id Tech 3 engine). You can download it here: Q3e minimizer 151.zip (more informations).
- American McGee's Alice downloads on FilePlanet: nude patch, screen saver, trailer...