Gears of War
|This article is under construction.
This article or section is currently in the middle of an expansion or major revamping. The information contained within this article should not be considered to be fully accurate until the article contributor(s) have removed this tag. You can help Wiki4Games by
|Gears of War|
|Developer(s)||Epic Games, People Can Fly (PC)|
|Publisher(s)||Microsoft Game Studios|
|Series||Gears of War|
|Engine||Unreal Engine 3, PhysX|
|Platform(s)||Windows, Xbox 360, Mac OS X (TBA)|
|Genre(s)||Tactical third-person shooter|
|Mode(s)||Single player, multiplayer, co-op|
ESRB: M (Mature)
|System requirements||Pentium 4 2.4GHz, 1GiB RAM, GeForce 6600 GPU, 12GiB free HD space more...|
Nobody voted on this yet
- This article is about the game, first episode of the Gears of War series. For the series, see Gears of War series.
Minimum system requirements
The minimum system requirements to play Gears of War on a PC are:
- Windows XP or Vista
- 2.4 GHz Penitum 4 or equivalent (eg AMD Athlon XP 2400)
- 1 GiB of RAM
- 12 GiB free hard drive space
- NVIDIA GeForce 6600, ATI Radeaon X700 or equivalent
Cheats (PC version)
Enabling the cheats
To enable the cheats, you need to edit the file WarInput.ini, located in a subfolder of the My Documents folder (normally in My Games\Gears of War for Windows\Wargame\Config\WarInput.ini). Open it with a text editor like Notepad++, and add (or modify) the following lines, which will enable the console and bind it to the tilde key:
[Engine.Console] ConsoleKey=Tilde TypeKey=Tilde MaxScrollbackSize=1024 HistoryBot=-1 bEnableUI=True
Using the cheats
During the game, open the console by pressing [~]. Then you can use the following commands:
- set WarfareGame.Pawn_COGMarcus DefaultHealth 99999: gives lots of HP to Marcus. The same can be done for Dom, Carmine, Baird, Minh and Gus (just replace Marcus with the name you want).
- set WarfareGame.Weap_AssaultRifle MaxSpareAmmo 99999: gives lots of ammo to the Assault rifle. Can be done for other weapons by replacing AssaultRifle with any of the following: Grenade, SniperRifle, Bow, locustpistol, cogpistol, locustassaultrifle, shotgun, Boomer.
Most common problems
|This article needs some screenshots. Pleasethis page to improve it.|
- César A. Berardini (August 20, 2007). Epic Games Acquires Majority Stake in Painkiller Dev. Team Xbox. Retrieved on 2008-09-21.
- w:Gears of War