Prince of Persia: The Two Thrones
|Prince of Persia: The Two Thrones|
NTSC cover of Prince of Persia: The Two Thrones
NTSC cover art
|Platform(s)||GameCube, PlayStation 2, PlayStation Portable, Xbox, Wii, Mac OS X, Windows, Mobile phone|
|Release date||PlayStation 2
Xbox, GameCube, & PC
Wii & PSP
ESRB: M / T Wii, PSP
OFLC: MA15+ / M Wii, PSP
|Media||CD, DVD, Nintendo optical disc|
|Input methods||Keyboard and mouse, Gamepad|
Nobody voted on this yet
Prince of Persia: The Two Thrones is an action-adventure computer and video game developed and published by Ubisoft Montreal. It was released in December, 2005 in North America for the Xbox, PC, PlayStation 2, and the Nintendo GameCube. It was ported to the PlayStation Portable and Wii, under the title Prince of Persia: Rival Swords with the Wii version utilizing the motion-sensing functionality of its controller.
Minimum system requirements
- OS: Windows 2000/XP
- Processor: Pentium 3 @ 1 GHz
- RAM: 256 MiB
- Hard drive: 1 GiB
- Video memory: 64 MiB
- Sound card: DirectX compatible
- DirectX: 9.0c
- Keyboard and mouse
- CD/DVD ROM drive
- Game Pad is not Required but STRONGLY recommended
The Prince of Persia, a seasoned warrior, returns from the Island of Time to Babylon with his love, Kaileena. Instead of the peace that he longs for, he finds his homeland ravaged by war and the kingdom turned against him. The Prince is rapidly captured and Kaileena has no choice but to sacrifice herself and unleash the Sands of Time in order to save him. Now cast out on the streets and hunted as a fugitive, the Prince soon discovers that past battles have given rise to a deadly Dark Prince, whose spirit gradually possesses him. Game features include:
- Play and master two distinct characters: Wield the powers and weapons of two master warriors with different combat styles, attitudes, and histories.
- Choose your way to fight: Master the expanded Free-Form Fighting system to destroy enemies in your own style; strangle enemies from afar with the deadly Daggertail; or surprise them with full-speed one-shot kills using a brand new stealth art. The choice is yours.
- Battle freely through Babylon: Dominate enemies on the perilous rooftops, dodge through chaotic streets, and ambush pursuers in dark, underground passageways.
- Immerse yourself in a dramatic story: Experience unparalleled depth in storytelling as you fight your way through a twisting tale filled with adrenaline, tension and discovery.
- Manipulate time to surprise enemies: Execute powerful attacks against entire armies by slowing down or rewinding time, or surprise them by using some all-new Sands of Time powers.
- Experience a masterful blend of gameplay: True to the Prince of Persia® franchise, the game provides a variety of action combat, agility and story-driven puzzles – all masterfully blended together into a rich gaming experience.
Alternate ending sequence
Collect all the life upgrades to fight the Dark Prince instead of Vizier at the end.
Secret baby rattle weapon
Successfully complete the game under the easy difficulty setting. Take out your dagger and do not have any secondary weapon. Pause game play, then press [Left] [Left] [Right] [Right] [Up] [Down] [Down] [Up] [Up] [Down].
Secret telephone weapon
Successfully complete the game under the normal difficulty setting. Take out your dagger and do not have any secondary weapon. Pause game play, then press [Right] [Left] [Right] [Left] [Down] [Down] [Up] [Up] [Up] [Down] [Up] [Up] [Down] [Down].
Secret swordfish weapon
Successfully complete the game under the hard difficulty setting. Take out your dagger and do not have any secondary weapon. Pause game play, then press [Up] [Down] [Up] [Down] [Left] [Right] [Left] [Right] [Up] [Down] [Up] [Down].
Secret chainsaw weapon
Take out your dagger and do not have any secondary weapon. Pause game play, then press [Up] [Up] [Down] [Down] [Left] [Right] [Left] [Right] [Up] [Down] [Up] [Down].
Easter Egg - Voice credits
Play through the game until getting to the large courtyard just immediately before the first chariot sequence, during your second Dark Prince transformation. Look in the corner of the courtyard to find a hole in the ceiling which enemies appear from until you leave the area. Stab and hang from the panel near that hole to open the exit. Climb the pole nearest to the hole in the ceiling to hear a monotone female voice announce the game's voice credits.