|Publisher(s)||Electronic Arts (Win), Aspyr Media (Mac)|
1.1.638 (Rush Hour)
|Platform(s)||Windows, Mac OS X|
|Release date||Windows: 2003-01-14
ESRB: E (Everyone)
|System requirements||Pentium 3 500MHz, 128MiB RAM, 32MiB VRAM, 1.6GiB HD space more...|
|Input methods||Keyboard and mouse|
Current user rating: 75/100 (2 votes)
|Reviews for PC|
SimCity 4 (SC4) is a city-building game developed by Maxis. It was released on 14 January 2003 and is the fourth installment in the main SimCity series.
 System requirements
According to the game's readme, in order to play this game your PC must meet or exceed the following requirements:
- Pentium 3 500 MHz or equivalent
- 128 MiB of RAM (Windows 98) / 256 MiB of RAM (Windows Me/2000/XP)
- supported (see below) Direct3D capable video card with DirectX 7.0 or greater and 32 MiB of VRAM
- 1.6 GiB free hard disk space
- 8X CD-ROM drive
 Cheat codes
During the game, press CTRL+X to open the cheat prompt. You can then use the cheat codes below (press ENTER to validate a code; if the code doesn't exist or is misspelled, the command prompt will remain opened).
- weaknesspays: gives your city treasury $1,000, which isn't really a lot. To repeat this cheat faster, hold SHIFT while pressing ENTER (this will prevent the cheat prompt from closing), and then push the up arrow to bring back the last validated cheat. This works with any cheat code, but is mostly useful with this one.
- fightthepower: no more power requirements for buildings.
- howdryiam: no more water requirements for buildings.
- you don't deserve it: unlocks all unlockable buildings (this needs to be reactivated every time you load your city).
- hellomynameis [mayor name]: changes the mayor name to [mayor name].
- whererufrom [city name]: changes the city name to [city name].
- sizeof X: magnifies to X (where X can be a number form 1 to 100).
- stopwatch: stop/start the clock.
- whatimeizit [time]: set the time of the day to [time].
- zoneria: toggles zone colors for zoned areas which are not yet built upon.
- dollyllama: advisors get llama heads.
- fps X: sets the maximum amount of frames per second you want.
- gol: plays the game of life on the map (press escape to stop).
- recorder: starts the recorder.
- terrainquery: show coordinates when hovering over an item.
- barstuck: stop news bar movement?
- tastyzots: toggles zots?
- watchmemove: ?
- rp: ?
- flora: ?
- renderprop: ?
- effect: ?
 Unrestricted god mode
After you started your city, you can still access the god mode but it's rather limited (basically all you can do is creating disasters and switching from day to night). However it is possible to access the full god mode (as if you had no city): while you're not in god mode, hold CTRL+ALT+SHIFT while clicking on the god mode button.