SimCity is a series of open-ended city-building games. It is published by Maxis (now a division of Electronic Arts). SimCity, the first game in the series, was developed in 1985 for Commodore 64 and finally published in 1989 for Macintosh, Amiga and MS-DOS.
 Main series
- SimCity: released in 1989 for Macintosh, Amiga, MS-DOS and Commodore 64, and later for other platforms.
- SimCity 2000: released in 1993 for Mac OS and MS-DOS, and later for other platforms.
- SimCity 3000: released in 1999 for Windows.
- SimCity 4: released in 2003 for Windows and Mac OS.
- SimCity Societies: released in 2007 for Windows. Although it can be considered as the fifth game in the main series, it brings a lot of changes compared to the previous games core features: simplification of the transportation networks, the player directly builds buildings instead of placing construction zones, money incomes doesn't come from taxes anymore but from city workplaces, introduction of "societal values"...
- Sim City: The Card Game: a collectible card game based on SimCity and released in 1995.
- SimCopter: released in 1996 for Windows, it lets the player pilot an helicopter in cities created in SimCity 2000.
- Streets of SimCity: released in 1997 for Windows, it's a racing and vehicular combat game which, like SimCopter, lets the player use cities created in SimCity 2000.