Team Fortress 2
|Team Fortress 2|
|Platform(s)||Windows, XBox 360, Playstation 3|
|Genre(s)||First Person Strategy Shooter|
|Rating(s)||ESRB: M (Mature)|
|Media||1 DVD-ROM, Download|
|Language(s)||English, Dansk, Netherlands, Finish, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norway, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Chinese, Spanish, Swedish|
|System requirements||Pentium 4 1.7 GHz, 512 MiB RAM, around 13 GB free HD space more...|
|Input methods||Keyboard + mouse|
Current user rating: 0/100 (1 votes)
|Reviews for PC|
Team Fortress 2 is a team-based first-person shooter developed by Valve Corporation and released in 2007.
 System requirements
According to Steam, to run Team Fortress 2 your PC must meet or exceed the following requirements:
 Minimum system requirements
- Pentium 4 1.7 GHz or equivalent (e.g. something like Athlon XP 1700+)
- 512 MiB of RAM, DirectX 8.1 compliant graphic card
- Windows Vista/XP/2000
- Approximately 13 GB of free hard drive space
- Mouse and keyboard
- Internet connection
 Recommended specifications
- Pentium 4 3 GHz
- 1 GiB of RAM
- DirectX 9 compliant graphic card
The player can choose between 9 classes, and can switch class at any time during the game. The classes are sorted in three types, even though this categories are a bit artificial, particularly the distinction between attack and defense (the scout is notably particularly good at capturing points, the heavy can be pretty efficient on defense). All classes have 3 weapon slots: usually a highly class-specific primary weapon (like the pyro's flame thrower or the sniper's sniping rifle), a more generic secondary weapon (most often a shotgun or a pistol), and a melee weapon (knife, axe, baseball bat...).
 Defending Classes
- Scout: fastest moving class, few HP (125), can double jump, captures points twice as fast as the other classes.
- Soldier: slow, mid-high HP (200), can do rocket jumps, his rockets have a poor area of damage.
- Engineer: average speed, few HP (125), has a below average firepower, builds useful stuff (teleporter, sentry gun, ammo and health dispenser).
 Attacking Classes
- Demoman: average speed, average HP (175), throw explosives with the best area of damage (even though this remains narrow), some of which explodes after a short timer or on hostile impact, some others can be detonated on command. Good at destroying the engineer's buildings.
- Heavy: slowest class, highest HP (300), carries a mini-gun with a high rate of fire. Can also heal himself if equipped with the sandwitch as a secondary weapon.
- Pyro: average speed, average HP (175), good at fighting a lot of enemies in close combat (to set them all on fire, which often won't kill them but will still create quite a panic and deal quite much damage).
 Supporting Classes
- Medic: decent speed, rather low HP (150), has a below average but not so poor firepower, slowly regenerates his own health and can heal, boost HP and even temporarily make a teammate and himself invulnerable (a feature called "übercharge").
- Spy: average speed, few HP (125), has low firepower (yet his achievement-unlocked gun "The Ambassador" is quite powerful) but can instantly kill by backstabbing. Can disguise himself into any team and class, and can become invisible.
- Sniper: average speed, few HP (125), not very good at short distance but powerful mid and long-range weapons.
 Defending Classes
 Attacking Classes
 Supporting Classes
 Crafting recipes
- 2 x class specific hats = 1 random class specific hat
- 2 x non-specific hats = 1 non specific hat
- 3 x refined metal = 1 random non class specific hat
- 4 x refined metal + 1 class token = 1 class specific hat (same class as the token used)
- 1 class token + 1 slot token + 1 scrap metal = 1 weapon (based on class and slot tokens used)
- Kritzkrieg + Bonk! Atomic Punch = Crit-a-Cola
- Jarate + Axtinguisher = Scotsman's skullcutter
- Dead Ringer + Huntsman = Tribalman's shiv
- Razorback + Chargin' Targe = Gunboats
- Bonk! Atomic Punch + Sandvich = Dalokohs bar
- Sandman + Scrap metal = Pain train
- 3 x any weapons for the same class = 1 class token
- 3 x items from the same slot = 1 slot token
- 1 x any class token + 1 class-specific weapon = 1 class token (same class as the weapon used)
- 1 x any slot token + 1 item = 1 slot token (same slot as the item used)
 Scrap, reclaimed and refined metal
- 2 x any weapons for the same class = 1 scrap metal
- 3 x scrap metal = 1 reclaimed metal
- 3 x reclaimed = 1 refined metal
 Unlock most achievements
Currently, quite a few servers are running only to help you unlock achievements: some just by letting you play with other players willing to help each others unlocking achievements, some by also spawning inactive bots that you can massively kill, and a few servers will even offer you server commands to automatically unlock most of the achievements. Just browse the server list (not the pretty list with pictures but the full server list) and try server with "achievement" in their name or in the map name. As for the risk of getting banned, playing on an achievement server without achievement unlocking commands seems okay. Using achievement unlocking commands may be okay too, as discussed on the Steam forums, but it's not a guaranty: you could possibly get all your achievements reset, but most likely not a ban, as long as you make sure you don't do this on a server which isn't VAC-secured (VAC makes sure that the server won't install bannable cheats or your PC).
 Game tips
 Custom resolution
The resolution choice in the option menu can be rather disappointing: sometimes you don't even have more than... one choice. But actually it's possible to launch the game using any resolution. First, make sure you configure it to run in windowed mode. Then close the game. In Steam's games list, right-click on Team Fortress 2 and choose Properties. Then in the General tab, click on "Set launch options...". You can then enter the following line, for instance, to configure the game to run in 1000 pixels width x 700 pixels height:
-w 1000 -h 700
 Unofficial Trailer
|Third person view (spectator)||First person view (player view)|
- TF2 Wiki, a wiki on Team Fortress 2
- Team Fortress 2 main page
- German Team Fortress 2 portal (NB: there is an English version
- Team Fortress 2 community and help portal