Warcraft 2: Tides of Darkness
|This article is under construction.
This article or section is currently in the middle of an expansion or major revamping. The information contained within this article should not be considered to be fully accurate until the article contributor(s) have removed this tag. You can help Wiki4Games by
|Warcraft II: Tides of Darkness|
PC, Mac OS:
Blizzard Entertainment (NA), Ubisoft (EU)
Electronic Arts (NA, EU)
|Platform(s)||MS-DOS, Linux, AmigaOS 4, Mac OS, Sega Saturn, PlayStation, Windows|
|Release date||PC, Mac OS:
|Mode(s)||Single player, multiplayer|
|Rating(s)||ESRB: T (Teens)|
|Input methods||Keyboard and mouse, gamepad|
|Get the DOS version|
|Best Old Games|
- Repair your towers (and other buildings that you want to keep in general). Repairing costs much less than producing a new building.
- You can easily spy on the enemy by removing the fog of war and revealing the map with an air unit (available quite early in the scenario game).
 Saved games editing
The saved games are located in the main game folder. They are named "SAVEX.SAV" where "X" is a number. Open the saved game you want to edit in an hexadecimal editor. You can then edit:
- your gold, over 3 bytes starting at offset 0x01f8 if you're blue (0x01f4 if you're red)
- your wood, over 3 bytes starting at offset 0x01b8 if you're blue (0x01b4 if you're red)
- your oil, over 3 bytes starting at offset 0x0238 if you're blue (0x0234 if you're red)
A simple way to get over 16 million of each of these resources is (if you're the blue player) to set bytes 0x01fa, 0x01ba and 0x023a to ff.