Age of Empires 3
|Age of Empires III|
|Publisher(s)||Microsoft Game Studios (PC), MacSoft (Mac)|
|Series||Age of Empires|
|Version||1.12 (1.0.3 on Mac OS X)|
|Platform(s)||Windows XP/Vista (workaround available for Windows 2000), Mac OS X|
|Mode(s)||Single player, multiplayer.|
|Media||CD (3), DVD (1)|
|System requirements||Windows XP, 256MiB RAM, 32MiB video card, 2GiB hard disk space (PC)|
|Input methods||Keyboard, mouse|
Current user rating: 83% (4 votes)
Age of Empires III, also known as AoE III, or simply Age 3, is a real-time strategy game developed by Ensemble Studios and published by Microsoft Game Studios. Released on October 18, 2005 in North America, and on November 4 of the same year in Europe, it is the third title of the Age of Empires series, and the sequel to Age of Empires II: The Conquerors. The game portrays the European colonization of the Americas, between approximately AD 1500 and 1850. Eight European civilizations are playable.
 Cheat codes
- this is too hard: win the mission (solo mode only)
- medium rare please: gives 10k food
- give me liberty or give me coin: gives 10k coins
- <censored>: gives 10k wood
- nova & orion: gives 10k experience (XP)
- x marks the spot: reveals map (but doesn't removes the fog of war)
- a recent study indicated that 100% of herdables are obese: makes all animals fat
- speed always wins: extra fast gather/build/unit production speed
- sooo good: "Musketeer’ed!" when you get killed by Musketeers
- ya gotta make do with what ya got: spawns a Mediocre Bombard at your gather point
- tuck tuck tuck: spawns a big red monster truck that can run over anything at your gather point
- where's that axe?: spawns George Crushington at your gather point. These units can jump over anything (crushing it), and show funny messages when they destroy enemy units and buildings.
Team PiZZADOX made an unlocker which gives access to all the individual missions and cinematics in the game's single player campaign. You can download it here:
 No intro fix
To remove the introduction cinematics, edit the shortcut to the game, adding
+nointrocinematics at the end of the target field. For instance, if you have:
"F:\GAMES\Age of Empires III\age3.exe"
Replace it with:
"F:\GAMES\Age of Empires III\age3.exe" +noIntroCinematics
Instead of this, you can also simply copy the following link:
- Programs → Microsoft Games → Age of Empires III → Diagnostics → Age of Empires III (no video).
 Remove the population limit
The population count is limited to 200. The following method doesn't involve increasing this limit, it consists in making all units count as 0 (zero) population:
- Go to the game folder, then in the data subfolder.
- Open proto.xml with a text editor like Notepad++
- Find the lines containing <PopulationCount>X</PopulationCount> (where X is a number), and replace them with <PopulationCount>0</PopulationCount>.
That's all, now when you play your population count will remain at 0. So the population limit is gone, and you also won't need to keep building houses.
There are many other things you can edit in proto.xml. Notably the hitpoints of units (<InitialHitpoints>150.0000</InitialHitpoints> and <MaxHitpoints>150.0000</MaxHitpoints> for settlers). But don't forget that the modifications you make will also apply to your opponents. You should also make a backup of the original proto.xml, which you'll need to restore if playing online.
- ↑ Patch 1.12. Retrieved on 2007-09-08.
- ↑ System Requirements. Microsoft. Retrieved on 2006-11-26.
- ↑ http://www.consolecheatcodes.com/pc/ageofempires3cheats.html
- ↑ http://www.gamespot.com/pc/strategy/ageofempiresiii/hints.html