Age of Wonders: Shadow Magic
|Age of Wonders: Shadow Magic|
|Publisher(s)||Gathering of Developers|
|Series||Age of Wonders|
|Mode(s)||Single player, multiplayer|
|Rating(s)||ESRB: Teen (T)|
|System requirements||Pentium 2 450MHz, 128MiB RAM, 16MiB VRAM, 900MiB HD space more...|
|Input methods||Keyboard and mouse|
Current user rating: 96/100 (1 votes)
|Reviews for PC|
Age of Wonders: Shadow Magic (aka AOW:SM or AoWSM) is a fantasy-themed turn-based strategy game. Shadow Magic is the third game in the Age of Wonders series, following Age of Wonders 2: The Wizard's Throne.
 System requirements
According to the game's readme, your PC must meet or exceed the following minimum requirements to run the game:
- OS: Windows 98/Me/2000/XP
- CPU: 450 MHz or greater
- RAM: 128 MiB minimum (192 MiB recommended)
- Free Hard Disk Space: 900 MB
- Video: DirectX 8 compatible 3D graphics card with 16 MiB of VRAM
- Sound: DirectX 8 compatible sound card
- some internet connection for internet multi-player game
 Civilizations (Races)
The game features 15 races, most notably classified according to their "alignment", which can be good, neutral or evil:
- Good: Archons, Dwarves, Elves, Halflings, Syrons
- Neutral: Draconians, Frostlings, Humans, Nomads, Tigrans
- Evil: Dark Elves, Goblins, Orcs, Shadow, Demons, Undead
Race alignment is something important to consider, as this will notably:
- affect how they fight together: mixing good and evil (or, worse, pure good and pure evil) units in the same battalion will seriously harm their moral, which can lead to troop desertion.
- affect how welcoming they are to you: for instance if your realm is constituted mainly of good races, when you arrive to an independent good city they'll be willing to join you for some gold, but when you arrive to an independent evil city you'll need to fight to capture it.
To use the cheat codes below, while playing a game, press CTRL + SHIFT + S then enter the code.
- gold: gives you 1000 gold
- mana: gives you 1000 mana
- research: all spells researched
- win: win the current level
- lose: fail the current level
- spells: toggle free spells
- freemove: toggle free movement (movements cost no movement points but if you have no movement points left you won't be able to move though)
- explore: toggle exploration of the entire map
- fog: toggle fog of war
- instantprod: toggle instant production (NB: this will have an effect on all players)
- instantres: toggle instant research (NB: this will have an effect on all players)
- ai: toggle your player's AI
- cityspy: let's you spy enemy cities (like the city spy spell). Enter the code again to turn off.
- upgradehero: upgrade the selected hero
- towns: view all towns on the map. This might make campaign missions behave quite buggy sometimes, so it's best to save, use the cheat to discover where cities are, then reload your saved game.
- emergehero: make a hero emerge, just like the Summon hero spell
 Ending cinematic
- Age of Wonders II Heaven: a fan site about Age of Wonders 2 and AoWSM, this is notably where the development of unofficial patch 1.4 and upcoming 1.5 takes place. Lots of mods, scenarios, etc. available there.
- ↑ Downloads - Shadow Magic Update v1.3 - TriumpStudios.com
- ↑ Age of Wonders:Shadow Magic Unofficial Patch 1.4 Release Notes
- ↑ Age of Wonders: Shadow Magic, V1.0 – README, 05 – JUNE - 2003