Beneath a Steel Sky
|Beneath a Steel Sky|
|Designer(s)||Charles Cecil, Dave Cummins, Dave Gibbons, Daniel Marchant, Tony Warriner|
|Engine||ScummVM / Virtual Theatre|
|Platform(s)||DOS, Amiga, Amiga CD32 (orignal game)
Multi-platform (with ScummVM)
|Release date||INT 1994-03
|Genre(s)||Point-and-click science-fiction adventure games|
|Rating(s)||ESRB: T (Teen)|
|Media||6 (PC) or 15 (Amiga) 3.5-inch floppies, 1 CD-ROM, download (ScummVM)|
|System requirements||386 CPU, 2 MiB RAM, 256 color VGA graphics more...|
Current user rating: 92/100 (2 votes)
Beneath a Steel Sky is a science fiction point-and-click adventure game developed by Revolution Software and published by Virgin Interactive. It was initially released for DOS and Amiga. In August 2003, it was released as a freeware supported by ScummVM. It can be downloaded from the ScummVM website.
 System requirements
 For PC
According to the manual of the PC/CD-ROM version, in order to play this game your PC must meet or exceed the following requirements:
- CPU: 386
- 2 MiB of RAM
- 256 color VGA graphics
- (for the CD-ROM version: 1X (150kB/s) CD-ROM drive)
- 1 MiB of RAM
- Robert Foster: the player. Adopted by a tribe after he survived from the helicopter crash in which his mother died, he grew up in the Gap. At the beginning of the game, soldiers from Union City come and capture him. After escaping from them, he will eventually find his father at the very core of LINC, and find out that his real name is Overmann.
- Joey: Foster's robot. At the beginning of the game Foster only carries its circuit board, which can be placed in (and, once the shell is destroyed, removed from) various robot shells during the game. Joey can be quite bad-tempered, and will often criticize the shells in which Foster loads it. Late in the game Foster will load it into an android, which he will place in place of his father in LINC.
- Lamb: the factory's supervisor. He's fat, and rather unnice, until Foster offers him a travel ticket.
- Anita: a former hacker, working at Lamb's factory. She will help Foster in his attempt to escape, notably by improving his (stolen) security card, and eventually gets killed by LINC for this.
- NB: many more screenshots are available in the walkthrough.
The whole game has been recorded by a Youtube user, Kikoskia, who split it in 25 videos listed in a playlist he named Let's Play Beneath a Steel Sky. It's also been recorded, unsplit, by cubex55:
|This article has been featured on the Main Page.|