|Designer(s)||Sten Huebler, Steven Lewis|
|Platform(s)||Windows, PlayStation 3, Xbox 360|
|Release date||NA 2011-03-22
|Mode(s)||Single player, multiplayer|
|Media||Blu-ray, DVD, Download|
|System requirements||Core 2 Duo 2GHz, 2GiB RAM, GeForce 8800GT 512MiB VRAM, 9GiB HD space more...|
|Input methods||Keyboard and mouse, Xbox 360 controller|
Current user rating: 86/100 (2 votes)
|Reviews for PC|
Crysis 2 is a first-person shooter developed by Crytek and published by Electronic Arts, released on 22 March 2011. It's the third game in the Crysis series, and is set in New York City in the year 2023.
Minimum system requirements
In order to play this game, your PC must meet or exceed the following requirements:
- Windows XP/Vista/7 (with the latest SP)
- Intel Core 2 Duo 2GHz or AMD Athlon 64 X2 2GHz
- 2 GiB of RAM (3 GiB on Vista/7)
- 9 GiB free hard disk space
- NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GT or ATI Radeon 3850 HD with 512 MiB of VRAM
- For multiplayer: broadband Internet connection
- For activation: a one-time authorization is performed at the first run, which requires an Internet connection.
To enable the developer mode, you need to start the game with the "-devmode" command line parameter (either edit the start menu shortcut or create a batch file containing "Crysis2.exe -devmode". When the developer mode is enabled, you'll be able to use the following key bindings:
- F1: toggles between first and third person view
- F2: teleports you to the next checkpoint
- F3: switches between fly mode, noclip mode, and back to normal
- F10: removes many textures and shows polygons
- Num1: gives quite a few weapons (notably the JAW and L-TAG) and refills ammunition
Update: After some research it has been found out that the "-devmode" cannot be used after patching the game to version 1.2. However, there might be ways to bypass this through using scripts and/or similar.
When the developer mode is enabled (see previous paragraph), you can open the console by pressing [~]. You can then use the following commands:
- g_godmode 1/0: enables/disables god mode
- i_giveallitems: gives all weapons
- r_displayinfo 1/0: show/hide developer mode information (such as DirectX version, memory usage and frames per second)
- V_goliathmode 1/0: enables/disables indestructible vehicles (NB: this will affect all vehicles, friend or foe)
To benchmark Crysis 2 (5620) download the "Crysis 2 (5620) Benchmark Addon (Optional CFGs)v2"  benchmark addon pack.
This pack not only adds benchmark support but it also comes with "Optional CFGs" configuration files
optimized for maximum possible ingame graphics quality and performance.
NB: this gameplay video was recorded on a pre-release version
- A development version of the game (build 5620, compiled on January 13, 2011), was leaked to the public on February 11, 2011. l0wb1t made a trainer for this version (download the Crysis 2 beta +4 trainer here).
- Igniq.com - Crysis 2 Lead-Dev Spills the Beans
- N4G - Crysis 2 Multiplayer Q&A with Crysis lead level designer Steven Lewis
- Crysis on EA Press, EA et l'équipe de crytek collaborent sur crysis 2 avec Richard Morgan, un grand nom de la science-fiction. (French)
- Welcome to Mycrysis.com e-mail
- MyCrysis - Crysis 2 available through Steam!
- Electronic Arts - Crysis 2 - PC Minimum System Requirements
- Youtube - Crysis 2 (Build 5620, ENG) (GamePlay)
- EA.com - Crysis 2 Leaked