|Engine||Lithtech: Jupiter EX|
|Platform(s)||Windows, Linux, Mac OS X|
|Release date||August 17, 2006|
|Genre(s)||First-person shooters, Horror|
ESRB: Mature (17+)
|Input methods||Keyboard & Mouse
F.E.A.R Combat is the full multiplayer component of F.E.A.R and is free. F.E.A.R. Combat is a stand alone package. It includes standard multiplayer FPS game modes like deathmatch, team deathmatch, capture the flag, and last man standing. It also features "Control" and "Capture all" modes, resembling the Domination mode of Unreal Tournament.
 Installation instructions
Firts of all, download F.E.A.R Combat at F.E.A.R Combat official website or Sierra FTP. During installation you'll be prompt for a CD-Key, go to joinfear.com, and simply register for your free CD-Key.
Since first start it's highly recommanded to update F.E.A.R Combat.
 Game presentation
 Game modes
Avilable game modes are :
- -Deathmatch (DM): Conventional free for all.
- -Team deathmatch (TDM): Deathmatch - one team versus another.
- -Controle : The aim is to have the controle on tree points as many times as possible.
- -Capture The Flag (CTF): The goal is to collect the other team's flag and bring it back to your base.
- -Last Man Standing : You start with 20 lifes and you'll have to be the last man standing.
- -Slow Motion Deathmatch/Team Deathmatch/CTF : In this case a player have the ability to slow activate the slow motion feature.
 Weapons & Items
F.E.A.R Combat features the F.E.A.R weapons and items.
 Game tweaks
 Adjustment advices
Well nothing but keep in mind that vsync (vertical synchronisation) and resolution can daramaticaly decrease the ingame performances. Just try to play in 640x480 and you 'll feel the big difference.
 Custom resolution
To set a custom resolution you'll have to modify the settings.cfg file which is by default in C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Documents\Monolith Productions\FEARCombat, well open the settings file and change lines "ScreenWidth" "960" and "ScreenHeight" "600" by your desired values.
 Tips & tricks
- Grenades : Don't throw a grenade if their is no enemy because you 'll make useless noise. Throw grenades to kill or to make divertion, but don't forget that enemys will hear you.
- Noiseless : The best way to be invisible is to handle Double pistol AT-14 or to go unarmed. But don't run, enemys will hear you.
- Rush : The best weapon to make a rush is pistol AT-14 because it's light so you can run faster and the magazine is enought big for a rush. You won't have to reload for every kill or every double kill. Besides it have a good accuracy.
- Medical kits : You should use them when you're fiering, you'll have more chance to survive this way.
 Most famous problems
- If your visor doesn't move when you move your mouse slightly, here is the solution.
Go to Control panel => mouse => pointer options then disable "enhance pointer precision" and apply. After that get back in your mouse control panel and enable "enhance pointer precision".
Yet, you can launch F.E.A.R.
 Best mods
Aimed to bring cooperation to F.E.A.R, this mode will allow you to play against AI enemys in cooperation. This mode also features new playable character models like Alice, Jin or the big fat computerist guy... And it's fully compatible with F.E.A.R Combat. Note that you're not playing the solo campagne in cooperation but a new campagne.
|A F.E.A.R Combat video||A F.E.A.R Melee attack rounds video|
 System requirements
Quite same as F.E.A.R's system requirements.
Official system requirement :
- Windows ® 2000/XP with latest service pack installed
- DirectX(tm) 9.0c
- Pentium ® 4 1.7 Ghz or equivalent
- 1GB RAM
- 128 MB DirectX ® 9.0 Compliant Video Card with hardware T&L and pixel shader support
- 3.5 GB free Hard Drive Space for installation
- Additional hard drive space for a Windows swap file and saved game files.
- 16-bit DirectX 9.0 compliant sound card with support for EAX 2.0
- Broadband connection for multiplayer games.
- Mouse & Keyboard
Supported chipsets :
Nvidia GeForce™ 4Ti, GeForce™ FX 5900, FX 5900 Ultra, 6800, 6800 GT, 6800 Ultra ATI® Radeon® 9600, 9600 Pro, 9600 XT, 9700, 9700 Pro, 9800 Pro, x700 XT, x800 XT, x850 XT