Revision as of 08:27, 2 July 2011 by Patheticcockroach
Help • Style guide • Wanted pages • Categories • All pages • Recent changes • News • Community portal
This is a page for informing the community of this wiki about certain events. Only major changes related to the site structure or hosting are posted there... this is not to be confused with the list of recent changes!
- 08:27, 2 July 2011 (CEST): MediaWiki upgraded to 1.17.0. This new version features a "ResourceLoader" which should notably improve page loading speed.
- 20:13, 26 February 2011 (CET): started first Wiki4Games contest: win a copy of The Witcher 2 (link)
- 12:49, 26 February 2011 (CET): MediaWiki upgraded to 1.16.2.
- 11:58, 13 February 2011 (CET): once again, 2 years and a half after the previous move, the site moved to a new server. This time it's some kind of downgrade, but it's a cloud so will be able to be easily upgraded to something better if needed. Apache, PHP and MySQL were also upgraded in the process.
- 18:48, 1 August 2010 (CEST): MediaWiki upgraded to 1.16.0, PHP to 5.2.14. MySQL somehow downgraded to 5.1.45...
- 18:55, 26 June 2010 (CEST): MySQL upgraded to 5.1.48.
- 17:38, 6 June 2010 (CEST): MediaWiki upgraded to 1.15.4, MySQL upgraded to 5.1.47.
- 18:12, 16 May 2010 (CEST): MySQL upgraded to 5.1.46.
- 13:44, 13 April 2010 (CEST): MySQL upgraded to 5.1.45. MediaWiki patching to 1.15.3 not scheduled because the security issue involved is of minor importance given Wiki4Game's configuration.
- 12:56, 14 March 2010 (CET): PHP upgraded to 5.2.13, MySQL upgraded to 5.1.44.
- 00:57, 14 March 2010 (CET): MediaWiki patched to 1.15.2 some days ago, plus implemented colored names to help identify bureaucrats, sysops, bots and top contributors.
- 16:52, 2 February 2010 (CET): added the Purge extension.
- 13:24, 31 January 2010 (CET): disrespecting all of MediaWiki's recommandations, we managed to install pretty URLs @ domainname.com/Title :) Just let us know if this happens to create problems!
- 11:42, 23 January 2010 (CET): PHP upgraded to 5.2.12.
- 10:07, 11 December 2009 (CET): MySQL upgraded to 5.1.41.
- 08:34, 7 November 2009 (CET): due to a recent increase in vandalism, we added the TorBlock extension. We also used the maintenance to upgrade MySQL to 5.1.40.
- 19:40, 2 October 2009 (CEST): MySQL upgraded to 5.1.39 earlier this morning. We even took some screenshots of this upgrade ;) See: File:MySQL down during upgrade - MyBB.png and File:MySQL down during upgrade - MediaWiki.png
- 20:19, 22 September 2009 (CEST): PHP upgraded to 5.2.11. MySQL had also been upgraded to 5.1.37 a while ago.
- 21:25, 20 July 2009 (CEST): MediaWiki patched to 1.15.1, MySQL upgraded to 5.1.36.
- 19:46, 30 June 2009 (CEST): added the ReCaptcha (replacing ConfirmEdit) and Title Blacklist extensions to fight spam.
- 10:49, 28 June 2009 (CEST): PHP upgraded to 5.2.10.
- 14:07, 21 June 2009 (CEST): MediaWiki upgraded to 1.15.0. The downtime required to make the move was less than 8 minutes :)
- 10:15, 25 April 2009 (CEST): MySQL upgraded to 5.1.34.
- 09:50, 17 March 2009 (CET): PHP upgraded to 5.2.9 and MySQL to 5.1.32 two days ago.
- 11:42, 8 March 2009 (CET): MediaWiki upgraded to version 1.14.0. Please report any weird stuff that might be happening. We also disabled the Newuserlog extension since it was merged into the core.
- 22:17, 25 February 2009 (CET): new rating system. Because the old rating system, hosted externally, had become unacceptably slow, we chose to develop an extension to store the votes on our own server. Unfortunately this means that all former ratings are lost. On the bright side, this means that we now have a better control over the votes (notably they are linked to your account so you can change your vote), and also that we won't lose them again (since now we own the database where they're stored). PS: MediaWiki not upgraded to 1.13.5 because the changes are irrelevant for us. Will upgrade to 1.14.0 soon.
- 21:54, 12 February 2009 (CET): MySQL upgraded to 5.1.31 (PS: MediaWiki not upgraded to 1.13.4 because its security fix is N/A to W4G).
- 13:47, 22 December 2008 (CET): MediaWiki upgraded to 1.13.3. PHP was also upgraded to 5.2.8 some days ago.
- 17:49, 7 December 2008 (CET): MediaWiki upgraded to version 1.13.2. There are still some files to update, but everything should be already ready for use.
- 12:47, 7 December 2008 (CET): MySQL upgraded to 5.1.30, PHP upgraded to 5.2.7.
- 19:45, 28 August 2008 (CEST): MediaWiki upgraded to version 1.13.0. Please report any weird stuff that might be happening.
- 18:19, 26 August 2008 (CEST): we moved to another server again, and we also officially renamed the site to Wiki4Games. This new name was chosen because it quickly gives an idea about what the website is about, while the former name ZenGamers didn't show at first that the site is a wiki.
- 20:52, 16 June 2008 (CEST): the wiki got moved to a new, much more powerful server. Please report any problem that may result from these changes.
- 09:30, 16 May 2008 (CEST): we changed the site title and added some page title restrictions. Please report any problem that may result from these changes.
- 07:17, 12 May 2008 (CEST): added the Newuserlog extension.
- 13:49, 7 May 2008 (CEST): added the DismissableSiteNotice extension.
- 14:12, 5 May 2008 (CEST): PHP updated to version 5.2.6.
- 23:21, 27 April 2008 (CEST): creation of this page.